Elizabeth Popham has returned to the visual arts after a long teaching career, She works primarily in acrylics, sometimes in combination with pen and ink, and in photographic decoupage. Much of the inspiration for her paintings and collages comes from photos taken on long walks along the Otonabee River with her trusty Canon Rebel T7i, and “en plein air” sessions in locations in and around Peterborough. She is drawn to the elegance of shape and line, whether in botanical studies, portraiture and life drawing, or landscapes. Her favourite subjects could be called “micro-landscapes” or “natural abstracts”.
- 2018 – Workshops at Meta4 Contemporary Craft Gallery with Birgitta MacLeod, John Climenhage, Ian Bodnaryk, Anne Hoover, and Lucy Manley (among others)
- 2019, 2020 Workshops at the Gallery on the Lake with Lucy Manley
- 2020 “An Outdoor Art Show”, The Gallery on the Lake (September 5-7)
- 2019 “Studio Soiree”, Meta4 Contemporary Craft Gallery (Peterborough – January 5; Port Perry – January 11)
- 2018 Meta4 Contemporary Craft Gallery (September 13)
Check out her studio site at https://www.facebook.com/beth.popham.9