CURRENT AND UPCOMING
Thursday, June 8 - Thursday, July 13, 2017 - Belleville
Place: John M. Parrott Art Gallery, Galleries One and Two
Belleville Public Library,
254 Pinnacle St., Belleville, Ontario K8N 3B1
Phone: 613-968-6731 x 2230 www.bellevillelibrary.ca
Gallery Curator: Susan Holland
Gallery Hours: Monday - Closed
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday - 9:30 am - 5 pm
Thursday - 9:30 am - 8 pm Saturday - 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Registration Date: on or before May 18, 2017
Delivery of Art to Gallery: Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 10 am to 12 noon
Jury Selection: Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 12 noon to 3 pm
The juror will select the show from all the entries submitted to the Gallery.
The juror's decision will be final regarding selection for the show and awards.
Pickup of work not selected: Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 3 pm to 5 pm
Opening Reception and Awards Presentation: Thursday, June 8, 2017 - 6 pm - 7:30 pm
Pickup of unsold artwork: Friday, July 14, 2017 - 9:30 am to 5 pm
Conditions Of Entry:
- Open to ECOAA paid-up members only.
- Artwork must be original and not done under supervision.
- Artwork must be completed in the last 18 months, and not previously exhibited at an ECOAA juried show, nor previously shown in the Quinte Region.
- Frame is optional but if unframed, must be gallery style canvas or panel, minimum 1.5" deep and edges must be finished/painted.
- Artwork must be dry and ready to hang with wire suitably secured. Wire must be strong enough for the weight of the artwork. Wire must be attached to the top 6 inches of the frame to prevent the picture from hanging forward. The wire must not be closer than 3 inches to the top of the frame when hung so the hanging hook is covered.
- Each piece of artwork must be identified with label on back - see fill out labels below.
- Only two dimensional work will be accepted. No photography. continued on page 2
- The Belleville Public Library Board (the Board) will be responsible for insurance of artwork while they are in the building. Please make sure you put a value on all summited artwork in order for artwork to be insured.
- All award winners will be notified and it is hoped that they will be able to attend the opening/award presentation on June 8th or at least designate a representative to accept on their behalf.
- The Gallery and/or Library staff will handle all sales of works of art. The Board will take a 30% commission on sales. ECOAA will take a 5% commission on sales. The artist will receive 65% on the sale. The artist is indicate if they charge HST on the label.
- Please deliver a one page artist statement and/or CV on or before Saturday, June 3, 2017 to the Show Coordinator.
- The Gallery is responsible for the hanging and display of the artwork. During the exhibition no artwork may be removed by the artist.
- The Board holds the right to photograph artwork and to own any such photographs, and to reproduce it for catalogues, promotions, etc.
- Artists agree to having ECOAA photograph and reproduce artwork for the purposes of advertising, catalogues, promotions and placement on ECOAA's website.
- The Board reserves the right to close exhibitions to the public for limited periods of time.
- At the conclusion of the show, any unsold artwork must be picked up on Friday, July 14, 2017 from the Gallery between 9:30 am and 5 pm. If you need assistance with pickup or cannot make it, please arrange for someone to pick up for you or notify the Show Coordinator.
- You may submit one or two pieces of artwork.
- Registration and payment of the $20 Registration Fee is required - see below.
ECOAA 59th Annual Juried Show Awards
Juror's Choice Award Any Medium $300
Lila Patton Award Best Watercolour $125
Rose Baker Award Best Water Media/Acrylic $125
Dora Pardon Award Best Oil $125
Don Maddocks Award Best Drawing/Pastel/Print/Other $125
Jeanne-Marie McAdam Award Most Innovative $125
Five Honourable Mentions Any Media $75 each
Judy Clark, 98 Carnrike Road, Consecon, Ontario K0K 1T0
Phone: 613 394 2674 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Committee: Jean Finlayson, Barb Hannemann, Doris Scott, Janice Edwards. Additional volunteers welcome!
October 2-29, 2015 Shenkman Centre Ottawa
PLACE: 245 Centrum Blvd, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 Phone:(613) 580-2787 http://www.shenkmanarts.ca/
SHOW CLOSES: Wednesday Oct.28 2015
PICKUP OF UNSOLD ARTWORK: Oct 29 2015 during gallery hours
The 23rd annual "The Mystery of the Park" Show in Algonquin Park was successfully installed on September 24 and the 90 paintings on the wall look fabulous! I thank all of the 35 artists for bringing the best of their work to the event. Another reason for this great show was the cooperation from the people who helped get it on the walls -- Sally, Kathy, Gabrielle, Leigh, Carol and Sheila, maybe me? The winners are: 1st prize Eva Kaczkowski "The Secret Pond"; 2nd prize Sheila Davis "Sticking Out"; 3rd prize Evelyn Van Hoekelen "Corridor 60".
It's impossible to not congratulate Gertrud Sorensen for the creation of this successful running show and the financial support from her son John of Couples Lodge in Whitney. Thank you on behalf of the ECOAA!
As of October 8 over 15 paintings have sold! We hope this trend continues and you can understand the Friends of Algonquin are also delighted with our Show.
Show Coordinator, 2015
We had a beautiful day to set up our "Mystery of the Park" Algonquin show this year. Everyone was in good spirits with the return of the summer weather. Complimentary coffee and sweets for the artists helped offset the long ride. A special thanks goes to our volunteers, Elaine Young, Barbara Holtz, Kathy Haycock and Ron Murdock.
Thirty artists are represented in this year's show with 77 wonderful paintings --all on display in the gallery of the Visitor's Centre until Sunday, October 26th. Our jurors, John Sorensen , Ron Murdock and Tricia Savoie chose the winning paintings and John presented the first award to Linda Sorensen. Jake Mol, (second) and Herbert Van Der Staay (third) were unable to attend the reception.
Congratulations to the winners.
Carole and John Rudderham
Congratulations to Linda Sorensen for First Place winner at the ECOAA show at the Mystery of the Park show at the Visitors Center in Algonquin Park. The painting is called "Rocky Shore Majesty", Acrylic on Canvas.
Second place went to Jake Mol Third place to Herb Van der Staay
Our love of painting landscapes surely is an escape from the urban, so artificial environment. positively romantic, we happily ignore the damage we day to day do to the very nature we so much adore. fortunately the romantic in us leaves the cynical to the cynic and lets us enjoy the sun, the rain, the dark and that which is light.
We witness much of that affection displayed in the Gallery today and in the month ahead. for me to jury the work submitted was a pleasant challenge. with so much professional excellence on display, I in the end had to trust my heart.
It was a difficult decision, to choose, with so many excellent pieces competing. But it stood out with the Swans out of their element, a humorous touch, the Swans doing the Goose Step, conveying a charming Pedestrian presence. Solid technique and composition supported my decision.
LILA PATTON AWARD ( for best Watercolour) $125
"Plein Air Lilacs"
Confident Plein air. Inviting, alive with the scent of Lilacs . A beautiful Watercolour.
JEANNE-MARIE McADAM AWARD (for most Innovative Work) $125
A ceramic quality, patiently executed. This romantic imagery carries one up and up with jewels to be picked on the way. Reminiscent of the spirited works of the Great Austrian Masters Klimt and Hundertwasser. A Sheer Delight.
"Summer Day Bailieboro"
Traditional Oil painting at its Confident, academic best, and exquisitely framed
"South End Opeongo"
Carefully studied execution, and a perfect composition, all of which compliments the tranquil mood of this fine painting.
HONOURABLE MENTION (for any medium) $75 each
The Yellow floral burst defies the modest size of the painting. A very strong piece in its simplicity.
HONOURABLE MENTION (for any medium) $75 each
"Dreaming of Now"
There is a musical feel to this piece, a pizzicato of lights and brushstrokes. Spontaneous and fresh. Just remarkable.
"Bon Echo Rockface"
There is more sunshine here than we have seen this summer. A light touch of brush and the translucent reflection make it a small masterpiece.
Algonquin Park Visitors Centre
August 9- 29, 2013
Kawartha Artists Studio & Gallery, Peterborough ON
420 O'Connell Rd. Peterborough, ON
Marianne van Silfhout Gallery
Saint Lawrence College, Brockville ON
May 3 - June 14, 2013
Anne Barkley - Honourable Mention for her "The Melody Lingers"
Marg Grothier - Honourable Mention for her"Cascading Reflections"
Charlie Spratt - Honourable Mention for his "Early Evening, Algonquin Park"
Pina Manoni-Rennick - Honourable Mention for her "Play of Light"
Karen Fox - Honourable Mention for her "Amber Walkway"
Pat Hendry - Honourable Mention for her "Algonquin Tamaracks"
Algonquin Park Visitors Centre
Show opened Thursday September 27 and runs until October 28. 2012
Our Sponsors from Couple Resort
Gertrude And Mark Sorensen
SPECIAL AWARDS FOR OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY!!
first prize will be $500.oo second $300.00 and third prize $200.AND THE WINNERS ARE....
The application for the Mystery of the Park show has a banner on it proudly proclaiming the 20th Anniversary of the show, and "Everyone entering this show will get a silver-on- silver ecoaa pin!!"
The first annual juried Mystery of the Park exhibition was held in 1993 with ecoaa sponsoring the awards.
The Visitors Centre was newly opened to celebrate the 100 anniversary of Algonquin Park , which was founded in 1893.
From 1994 on to present date, ecoaa continued our annual "artist selection" shows with Gertrude Sorensen of Bear Trail Inn as sponsor for the awards.